01 02 03 MrsDoingMe: My First Love.....Flexi-Rods 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My First Love.....Flexi-Rods

34
Hey guys, I am back for another wash day post! If you have been with me from the beginning you know that I started my hair journey with Flexi-rods. It was just a quick and simple style for me that lasted for days. I love the way my hair looked and felt whenever I did this low-manipulation style. I have never had a Flex-rod set fail me and this weekend was no different.

So I started my wash day with a hot oil treatment, I have been noticing in several post that other hair gurus/blogger have been using it lately and I wanted to start it back up! I did not go out and buy anything special I just used what I had on had. I mixed coconut oil, olive oil, grape-seed oil, sweet almond oil, caster oil and some growth oil my mom had, lol (cant remember the name). I warmed it in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then saturated my hair in the oil, put on my trusty walmart bag deep conditioning cap and sat under the dryer for 30 mins!

Can you tell I hate the dryer!! LOL that face tho!. But any-who after that I washed my hair with my usual CHI Shampoo and Conditioner and wrap my hair for about 10 mins while I got dressed. After that I detangled with my trusty Cantu Shea Butter leave-in and put my hair in 3 sections. 

After detangling I started with the back, I used two different length rods as the back was much longer since the last time I used these. The light blue rods and the dark blue they are the same diameter, not sure what is it, but there the same.


This is my hair after I finished and I sat under the dryer for about an hour and then let the rest air-dry overnight. I know these are a pain to sleep in but I rather do that then sit under the dryer, I just love the way they feel when air dried just so soft and bouncy! I only use water to set my rods nothing else! I must say the hot oil treatment did the trick the shine of my hair after it air dried was fantastic! 

The next morning I took out the flexi-rods and then added some glossing frizz eliminating polish and separate the curls! This is the end result!





How was your wash day! What was your favorite style at the start of you hair journey? Leave a comment below!

Talk to y'all later

Keoshia

Click to follow my social media accounts : Instagram      Twitter



The Wash Day Experience

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38