01 02 03 MrsDoingMe: Birthday Murder Mystery Dinner Party 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Birthday Murder Mystery Dinner Party

34
So in haven't had a real birthday party in years. I decided since I was turning 35 it would be a perfect time to have one. I went in search for a perfect theme for my party since my birthday is on Halloween! I knew I didn't want a traditional Halloween party with costumes and decor. I search for possible themes and I came across the idea of a murder mystery themed party from  http://www.mymysteryparty.com/. They had a great idea of a 1920's themed murder mystery called Murder at the Grand Gatsby Speakeasy! Sound fun right, I thought so too, lol!

I began planning for my party about a 1 1/2 months before. I searched around for invitation, but couldn't find any I like so I decided to make my own. I'll do a post all about it if your interested, just let me know. Here what it looked like.

 
And now on to party night , The menu consisted of:

Appetizers: stuffed mushrooms and shrimp cocktail
Entree: Stuffed Chicken Breast and Sun-Dried Tomato Pork Tenderloins
Sides: Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus
Dessert: Peach dumplings and Birthday cake
And of course an assortment of wines, beers, liquor and moonshine (lol, yes moonshine). Sorry I didn't get good pics of the food, but here are some pics from prepping.

 
And her is what I wore and a look at my cake.

 
The game consisted of 3 rounds the first during appetizer, the next during dinner and the last at dessert. Basically during the first round the characters are getting to know each other, spreading gossip, and blackmailing each other, lol!. The second round at dinner was when the murdered happened. And the final round consisted of everyone trying to guess who dun-it and why,

 This is what the room was set-up like. I ordered my plates and silverware from http://www.smartyhadaparty.com. Really great site you should check it out. I had about 16 guest for a sit down dinner.

Lol, two of my guest my friend Ebony and my sister Shante were rival singer at the night club, so they had a sing off in the middle of my kitchen and it was hilarious!!!
The top left is a picture of my lovely cousins and my sister!
A group picture and other random pics from the night!
 
So in the end Sam was the person who was murdered and that is his sister crying over him, lol! (Top right picture). And of course I was the guilty party who murdered Sam because he was blackmailing me, lol!!I did not know I was the murderer until the end of the party, that was the best thing about this party anyone could have been the murder!

All and All I had a wonderful time, and to spend it with my closest family and friends made it even better!!!

Talk to y'all later

Keoshia

Click to follow my social media accounts : Instagram      Twitter







Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38