01 02 03 MrsDoingMe: I DID IT!!!!! Graduation Day! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

I DID IT!!!!! Graduation Day!

34
Today marks two weeks since I graduate from Troy University with my Master's in Public Administration. This has been a long hard road for me, if you would have told back in 1998 when I was a sophomore at Troy University (formerly Troy State) and pregnant that I would one day receive my Master's from a school I had to leave, I would have told you no way. 

Not to say that I didn't want an higher education or did not like school because that was not the case, but I was always taught that being a teenage mother could potential ruin you life and make you take a path in life that my not lead to what society considers successful. When I left Troy that first time and came back to my mom's house I had to think long and hard if I wanted to bow down to what society thought I would become and the answer was NO!

I enrolled in community college the spring semester of 1999, while working full time at Walmart, and stayed dedicated and worked hard and got my associated degree in 2001 in Accounting. I didn't stop there in the fall of 2001, I got a new job and enrolled in school at UAB (University of Alabama at Birmingham) to seek a undergraduate degree in Accounting. I was working full time and taking classes part-time, it was so hard and overwhelming to the point that I was dismissed from the School of Business at UAB and had to change my major. It was very hard for me to see my dream of being an accountant taken away, but I took a break got myself together and came back and got my Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice in 2007.

 I started on my master's degree in 2008 taking one class a semester,working full-time and now having two children it was a very hard process and I had trouble balancing it all out. I eventually took a 3 years break and started back taking my master classes in the fall of 2014, this time taking two classes a term. Man, I had many long and sleepless night, mental and physical breakdown, and even time when I just wanted to throw in the towel!! But by the grace of GOD and the love and support from my friends and family I did it and on July 24,2015, I walked across that stage good hooded and got my degree!!










I am not sure yet if I want to try for at Doctorate degree, but hey you never know! This post was not to brag or anything like that, it was just my testimony. I thought it would help someone who might be going through something and and show them there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!


Talk to y'all later.

Keoshia



 Click to follow my social media accounts : Instagram      Twitter



Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38