01 02 03 MrsDoingMe: Why You Should Participate In Twitter Chats! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Why You Should Participate In Twitter Chats!

34

My new obsession Twitter Chats!!

Did you know you can tweet in real-time with hundreds of other people at the same time? Anyone who has a twitter account knows that millions of people share tweets on the site or app everyday. I was one of those people. I happened to stumble on to a twitter chat by accident a couple of weeks ago and I must say I had a great time.

There are many types of twitter chats for all types of blogger, YouTubers and even Disney lovers, lol. I was quite overwhelmed with all the tweets and retweets I was getting, my notification were blowing up. I think after the chat I had 100 emails of notification, I usually only get like 5 emails a day so it was shocking. So let me share with you some of the things I learned.

You may ask how does a twitter chat work? Every twitter chat has a dedicated hashtag that is for that particular twitter chat. This will allow all of the participants to click the hashtag and see all of the tweets from the other participants. The will be a can be 1 or more host of the twitter chat who will welcome participants and moderate the discussion. These chats usually last for about an hour and happen weekly and sometimes monthly.

Before you run off and participate in a twitter, let me share the chat etiquette with you.

  1. Follow the rules. The host will usually start the chat off with the rules or they will be pinned to the twitter account. It will also include the topic of discussion for that particular chat.
  2. Always be polite and courteous to other participants. Not everyone will agree on answers to the questions on the topic, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you must disagree do it respectfully. 
  3. If you have a lot of followers on twitter you want to may want warn them that your feed is about have an unusual high number of tweets for the next hour or so. This will keep your followers from unfollowing you.
  4. When answering questions make sure to follow this format. When you answer a question which will be labeled (Q1) make sure to use the label (A1) when answering. 
  5. Do not get off topic, if you do, make it a separate discussion between you and the other person/persons
  6. Make sure you use the designated hashtag on all your related tweets
And last but not least the benefits of participating.
  1. It is a way to share your thought and insight about specific topics with the other people who share your same interest.
  2. It a great way to network and make connection with other bloggers, YouTubers and gain followers.
  3. After the chat you can follow the host to make sure you are there for the next twitter chat
  4. It allows you to discover new channel, bloggers and form a connection with the participants on an individual level. 
I personally have interacted with and discovers a number of beautiful blogger and YouTubers.  I have gained a number of valuable followers as well. I learned a lot from the participates as well! So where do I like to twitter chat? Here are a couple of my current favorites:
  1. The Girl Gang on Mondays at 6:00 pm GMT #TheGirlGang
  2.  US Bloggers on Thursdays at 8:00 pm EST #USBloggerChat
  3. Speak Up on Thursdays at 8 pm GMT #SpeakUp
  4. Blogs Do It Better on Mondays and Fridays at 8:00 pm GMT #BDIB
  5. Brown Beauty Talk on Sundays at 8:00 pm GMT #brownbeautytalk

Have you ever participated in a twitter chat? If so leave a comment with your favorite twitter chats! Will you try twitter chats after reading this post? Leave a comment below!

Talk to y'all later

Keoshia

Click to follow my social media accounts : 
https://instagram.com/mrs_doingme/
 Instagram
https://twitter.com/mrs_doingme
 Twitter 
YouTube:  
Mrs Doing Me 


Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38